Selecting the appropriate materials and planning the installation of pipe markers for any sizable facility is considerably more complex than most people think. The first step in a successful project is engineering. MSI engineers are full-time employees of the company and are experienced in the intricacies of developing and implementing a total mechanical identification system. Benefits of MSI Engineering:
- Using client’s P&ID’s, MSI engineers construct a line list customized to the specifics of your facility.
- The line list includes the following information: contents, line numbers, origin and destination of the line, drawing numbers and flow direction.
- Line lists are verified with the client operations representatives to insure that the legend wording is consistent with what is used in the facility. Once verified, this list becomes the legend list used to produce the markers.
- Onsite field surveys are conducted to develop marker quantities and to insure that lines not shown on the drawings are included in the project.
- Field surveys offer opportunities to address special conditions within the facility, such as hot or congested areas, manifolds and special valve configurations, etc.
- For facilities with inaccurate or non-existing drawings, MSI engineers can develop legend lists making it possible to initiate a quality marking program.
- MSI’s in-house PDS capability allows for efficient development of the marker information for projects designed with this software.
- Equipment, control valves and process safety management signage can be included as part of field surveys.
- “Management of Change” information can be maintained by MSI engineering. New processes or line changes can be recorded and maintained as part of the master database. This insures that the changes are captured and stay current.