What personal information do we collect?
The types of personal information we may collect include the following:
- contact information (such as name, phone and fax number, email and postal address);
- information used to create your online account (such as username, password and security question and answer);
- purchase and customer service history;
- location data (such as data derived from your IP address, country and zip code) and the precise geolocation of your mobile device where we have provided notice and choice, as appropriate;
- contact information you provide about friends or other people you would like us to contact;
- clickstream data and other information about your online activities (such as information about your devices, browsing actions and usage patterns); and
- other personal information contained in content you submit to us.
Please note that providing personal information to us is voluntary. If you choose not to provide us with certain information, we may not be able to offer you certain products and services, and you may not be able to access certain features available on our website or applications.
How do we use your personal information?
We may use your personal information for the following reasons:
- process and fulfill orders and keep you informed about the status of your order;
- communicate with you regarding our products, services, events, programs and promotions;
- perform data analytics (such as market research, trend analysis, financial analysis and customer segmentation);
- engage in ad retargeting and evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing efforts (including through our participation in ad networks);
- provide customer support;
- process, evaluate and respond to requests, inquiries and applications;
- create, administer and communicate with you about your account (including any purchases and payments);
- conduct marketing and sales activities (including generating leads, pursuing marketing prospects, performing market research, determining and managing the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing campaigns and managing our brand);
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (such as by administering, enhancing and improving our products and services; developing new products, managing our communications and customer relationships; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities);
- verify your identity and protect against and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure and quality;
- maintain and enhance the safety and security of our products, services, website, information resources and employees.
Do we share your personal information?
We do not sell your personal information to third parties. We may disclose your personal information only for the following reasons:
- We may share personal information with service providers we have retained to perform services on our behalf (such as payment processing, order fulfillment, customer support and data analytics). These service providers are contractually required to safeguard the information provided to them and are restricted from using or disclosing such information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements;
- We may disclose personal information about you (a) if we are required or permitted to do so by applicable law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), (b) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials to comply with a legitimate legal request, (c) when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, (d) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, (e) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraud or illegal activity or (f) otherwise with your consent.
How do we protect your information?
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of employees who have special access rights to such systems. Each employee accessing your information is required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
Credit card information is processed through a gateway provider and is not stored or processed on our servers.
What options do you have regarding your personal information?
To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal information. Depending on your location, you may have the right to file a complaint with a government regulator if you are not satisfied with our response. MSI Group endeavors to respond to complaints within thirty (30) days of receipt.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You can do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, we recommend looking at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookie settings.
Please note, if you turn cookies off it’s possible that some of our website features will be disabled that make your experience more efficient. However, you will still be able to place orders.
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and we do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
We do not allow third-party behavioral tracking. However, we perform behavioral tracking utilizing Google Analytics. Any behavioral tracking performed does not utilize your personal information.
Notice to California Residents
Once we receive your request, we may verify it by requesting information sufficient to confirm your identity. If you would like to use an agent registered with the California Secretary of State to exercise your rights, we may request evidence that you have provided such agent with power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act).
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email
- Within 1 business day
We will notify the users via in-site notification
- Within 1 business day
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
To be in compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
Attn: [Josh Greinert]
8265 N Faulkner Road
Milwaukee, WI 53224
Toll Free: 800.234.0135
We reserve the right to update this policy at any time. We will use reasonable efforts to respond to your questions or requests within 30 days of receipt.
Last Edited on [7/1/2020]